Cream of the Crop List
Each year publishing houses send thousands of review copies of new children's and young adult books to the Maine Children’s and YA Book Review. The books are reviewed at monthly meetings by local school and youth services librarians. A "Cream of the Crop" List of the 100 best titles published in the previous year is developed. The Cream of the Crop List contains titles appropriate for preschool to high school-aged readers.
For additional book reviews on recently published children’s and YA books, check out the Maine Children’s and YA Book Review blog at www.mslbookreview.org.
Cream of the Crop Committee
- Kathy George, Gray Public Library
- Jill O’Connor, Merrill Memorial Library, Yarmouth
- Patti Francis, Pownal Elementary School
- Jessie Trafton, Skidompha Public Library
- Jan Hamilton, retired
- Kerrie Lattari, York Middle School
- Lee Remick, York Middle School
- Kristi Favoloro, Skidompha Public Library