Maine Public Library Annual Report Statistics - Maine State Library
Did you know...
Need help gathering statistics? Try a statistics worksheet.
The information in this report is designed to help librarians and trustees assess how well their libraries are performing, identify areas for improvement and make long range plans. If you have any questions about the annual report statistics, contact Jenny Melvin, the State Data Coordinator at 207 947-8336, extension 116.
Tips for using the numbers:
- Show how the use of the library goes up over time
- Compare and contrast your library to nearby libraries or other libraries of the same size (benchmarking)
- Combine census information and library statistical data in grant applications
- Illustrate the effectiveness of library services and programs
- Inform decision makers and your community about the value of the library
- Advocate for budget or staff increases - see the Data in Action toolkits for help
- See also Does Your Library Count? - Importance of the statistics, how to compare libraries, how the State Library uses the statistics
- Use the Value Calculator to calculate the Return on Investment (ROI) for your community. (How to calculate the ROI).
- Salary Data (salaries being paid in 2019) [Excel, 58kb]
- 2017 Data
- 2016 Data
- 2015 Data
- 2014 Data
- 2013 Data
- 2012 Data
- 2011 Data
- 2010 Data
- 2009 Data
For statistics prior to 2009, please contact Stephanie Zurinski (see the Contact Us page).
- For more information on data and evaluation, visit our data page.