Position Type: Non-MLS
Library Type: Public
Example of Duties:
- Staff Computer area and assist library members and visitors by meeting technology and information needs;
- Support Library Director with all aspects of public computing equipment support as well as policy and procedures implementation;
- Assist the Director and cataloger in participation of statewide interlibrary loan system, SOLAR
- Provide innovative programming/training through the demonstration of new and emerging technologies to the staff and public;
- Collaborate with Adult and Children's Services staff members providing reader's advisory support by demonstrating uses of reading devices such as e-Readers, IPads, etc.;
- Schedule training lab activities in collaboration with Adult and Youth Services;
- Assist with maintaining the Library's website;
- Create informational and promotional materials for use with training and programming such as: pathfinders, bibliographies and instructional handouts;
- Communicate with public using social networking and the library website;
- Provide assistance and support to various areas of the library as needed;
- Seek opportunities for professional development;
- Participate in providing a safe and welcoming environment at the library.
Applicants should possess a college degree or equivalent experience with intermediate-advanced training in technology and other related media. MLS desirable. A minimum of three years experience, with prior library experience preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience and education that will demonstrate the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
Successful applicants will possess the ability to plan, organize, direct and supervise a variety of programs working with Adults and Teens. They will have a demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Open Office Suite, e-readers, as well as be enthusiastic for seeking out and mastering emerging technologies.
The successful applicant will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver exceptional customer service. Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain friendly and effective working relationships with customers, officials, board members, fellow employees, volunteers, community groups and other agencies a must.
Please send cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to the address below:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.