Abuse & Crisis Information, Hotline Numbers
- Hotlines/Crisis - a comprehensive listing of Hotlines and crisis numbers statewide.
- Adult Protective Services - Services to protect incapacitated and dependent adults (age 18 and over) in danger of abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Preventing Child Abuse - The child abuse hotline is staffed 24 hours a day.
- Mandated Reporters - Information and resources for people who are required by law to report suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Adult Adoptee Access to Original Birth Certificate Rules and Forms
- How Do I Adopt? - This is the step by step process for adopting a child in the care of the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Maine's Waiting Children - A photolisting of the children in the care of the Maine Department of Health and Human Services awaiting adoption.
- Child Care Tax Credits - Tax credits that can benefit families with young children.
- Finding Child Care - Types of child care available in Maine and how to go about choosing child care.
- Child Care Facility Search - Statewide search for facilities in Maine
- Paying for Child Care - Ways to help families pay for child care.
Child Support & Paternity
- Child Support - Services including establishing paternity, finding non-custodial parents, and implementing and enforcing child support payments
- Paternity Testing - Testing to determine the father of a child.
- Head Start - Serving children from birth to age five whose families meet the Federal poverty guidelines.
- Maine Driver Education and Evaluation Programs - Driver education programs for OUI offenders.
- ASPIRE/TANF - Helps TANF recipients find employment.
- DHHS Jobs - Job openings within Maine's Department of Health and Human Services.
- Maine Career Center - Providing a variety of employment and training services at no charge for Maine workers and businesses.
Food, Money, Housing
- 2-1-1 Maine - Statewide social services
- Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Maine - Provides the residents of Maine with financial counseling, debt repayment plans, and consumer education.
- General Assistance - Providing benefits to families with children in emergency situations.
- Food Supplement - Helping low-income people buy food
- Public Assistance Application - Applications for foodstamps, TANF, PaS, MaineCare, Long-term care, request for assistance.
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) - Provides temporary cash assistance, training, employment services and child care assistance.
- Women, Infants, and Children's Nutrition Program (WIC) - Free nutrition advice, tips for staying healthy, recipes, and resources for growing families.
- Asthma Control and Prevention
- Cardiovascular Health - Providing health education to Maine residents.
- Childhood Lead Program - Identifying and helping children with elevated blood lead levels.
- Children With Special Health Needs Program - Improving the health and well-being of children with special health needs.
- Coordinating School Health Programs - Maine's School Health Program.
- Diabetes Prevention and Control
- Fish and Game - Warnings on eating fish and game.
- HIV, STD, and Viral Hepatitis - Data, disease reporting, forms, publications, care and prevention.
- Home Safety
- Immunization Schedules - Childhood & Adolescent Immunization Schedules.
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology Program - Primary purpose is to study the distribution and determinants of notifiable infectious diseases among citizens and visitors in Maine and to apply this study to the prevention and control of infectious disease.
- Katie Beckett Option - Katie Beckett is a MaineCare option for children with serious health conditions. It is one of the many ways your child can get MaineCare.
- Lyme Disease
- Maine Breast and Cervical Health Program - An early detection program.
- Oral Health
- Traffic Safety
- Water Testing - Order water test kits online, water test guides and applications
- Youth Suicide Prevention - Reducing suicidal behavior among Maine youth.
- Youth Violence Prevention - Helping schools conduct conflict management, peer mediation, and bullying prevention programs.
- Birth, Death, Marriage, and Divorce Certificates - How to obtain certified copies.