HIV, STD, and Viral Hepatitis Program
Our mission is to stop the spread of sexually transmitted diseases, viral hepatitis and HIV, to reduce illness and death, and to promote the health and well-being of people with, or at risk for these diseases.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Care Reform for ADAP Members (PDF)
- HIV testing at Home: Over-the-Counter HIV Test FAQs (Word) | also as PDF
- HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) FAQs for the general public (Word)
- HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) FAQs for Health Care Providers (Word)
Guidance and Recommendations
- Guidelines to prevent transmission of HIV, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C through medical/dental procedures (Word) | also in PDF
- Expedited Partner Therapy for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea
- 2015 STD Treatment Guidelines
- CDC overview of hepatitis C symptoms, testing, transmission, prevention, treatment, and reinfection (PDF) for injection drug users
- Guidelines to prevent transmission of HIV, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C through medical/dental procedures (Word) | PDF
- CDC recommends Hepatitis C testing for "Baby Boomers" (1946-1965)
- Why baby boomers should get tested
- Update to CDC's Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2010 - Oral Cephalosporins No Longer a Recommended Treatment for Gonococcal Infections
HIV testing and care services locator Web tool
To help fight this disease, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services unveiled the HIV testing and care services locator Web tool through AIDS.gov.
The tool, also available as a free mobile app, more easily finds government data on HIV/AIDS prevention.
By entering a ZIP code in the web tool, a Google map is generated to show the locations of services like HIV testing sites, health centers and substance abuse clinics.
The new tool pulls data from multiple federal government agencies including the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Health Resources and Services Administration, and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
For more information on program contacts and information.