DHHS → MeCDC → Disease Prevention → Maine Diabetes Prevention & Control Program → Home
Maine Diabetes Prevention & Control Program
The Maine Diabetes Prevention and Control Program, funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, dedicates its resources to promote:
- Excellence in diabetes care
- Increase access to care
- Support efforts to enhance a more efficient and effective healthcare system for the people in Maine.
For information about prediabetes and diabetes, visit RethinkDiabetesMaine
- It is important to find out early if you have prediabetes or type 2 diabetes, because early treatment can prevent the serious problems caused by high blood glucose. There are many factors that increase your risk for prediabetes and diabetes.
- To find out about your risk:
- Take this Type 2 Diabetes Risk Test (PDF)
- Go to Diabetes Risk Factors for a list of items that increase your risk
People with Diabetes can develop Flu-related complication. To find out if you are at a high risk of Flu-related complications, go to the U.S. CDCInfluenza webpage . For additional information on vaccinations go to Maine CDC Immunization Program webpage
Physical Activity Guidelines
- Physical activity can help diabetes and weight control
- Physical Activity Webpage
Questions to Ask about Your Medications?
- Questions are the Answer, Make Sure You Know Your Medications
Diabetes Educational Material Available
- The DPCP has copies of diabetes educational material from NDEP available. Agencies and Organizations in Maine can order educational material for distribution to Maine residence. Print the order form below and mail or fax us the completed form.
- Diabetes Educational Material Order Form (PDF)