Office of Marijuana Policy Mission Statement
To ensure the health and safety of all Mainers by effectively and responsibly licensing and regulating marijuana establishments.
Office of Marijuana Policy Vision Statement
Develop a good faith partnership between the State of Maine and stakeholders by establishing rules and policies that provide interested consumers with access to a regulated industry while diminishing an unregulated, untested black market.
Office of Marijuana Policy Guiding Principles
- The public’s health, safety, and well-being are always our top priority.
- Develop and institute regulations that are necessary, not over burdensome.
- Compliance every day, enforcement only when needed.
- Strive to be transparent and clearly communicate with the public and stakeholders.
- Treat everyone fairly and with respect.