Job Title: Health Promotion Manager
Employer: Public Health and Community Services Department, City of Bangor
Seat Held on Workgroup: Relevant Health Care Professional
Biography: Jamie Comstock serves as the Health Promotion Manager for the City of Bangor’s Public Health and Community Services Department, where she is responsible for the chronic disease prevention programming, including a suite of substance abuse prevention programs and programs to increase access to healthy foods and opportunities for active living. She has worked with partners locally and statewide since 2007 to build and strengthen Maine’s prevention and public health systems.
Jamie is a certified prevention specialist, holds a BA in Urban Studies from Loyola Marymount University and a Master of Urban and Regional Planning from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona.
Membership in Trade and/or Civic Organizations:
- Governor-appointed Member, Maine Substance Use Disorder Services Commission
- Member, Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention's Cannabis Workgroup
- Member, State of Maine’s Naloxone Steering Committee
- Member, Maine Council on Problem Gambling
- Board Member, Christine B. Foundation
- Member, New England Prevention Technology Transfer Center’s Advisory Board
- President, Maine Network of Healthy Communities
- Former Board Member, Maine Public Health Association
Reason Applying for Workgroup: I applied for this workgroup to give prevention and public health a voice in Medical Cannabis matters.