Pesticide Applicator Exam Training
Tuesday, January 15, 2019, at the Ag Trades Show
Pre-registration is required
University of Maine Cooperative Extension and BPC will present a 3-1/2 hour training session to prepare growers for the Private Pesticide Applicator Core Exam. In the afternoon, core and commodity exams will be administered only to those who attended the training.
Space is limited. Sign up now.
Next Board Meeting: January 16, 2019
The 78th Agricultural Trades Show is almost here!
Jan 15-17, 2019 at the Augusta Civic Center.
- Sessions offering re-certification credits as of 12/6—check back for updates.
BPC Online Portal
The BPC Online Portal provides access to all Pesticide Applicator information, such as license expiration dates, exam scores, credits earned. The site can also be used to apply for exams and licenses and to renew licenses. Go here to get started.
LOGIN to BPC Online Portal
Worker Protection Training videos for Greenhouse Workers and Handlers created by Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health at Penn State
Browntail Moth—The caterpillars of the browntail moth release tiny hairs that cause itchy rashes and sometimes respiratory distress. In July and August the moths can be seen on structures. They have a wingspread of about 1 1/2 inches and are strongly attracted to light. Wings and midsection are pure white while the abdomen (rear part of the body) is brown with a conspicuous tuft of brown hairs at the tip. Fall is a good time to plan for next year—learn about removing nests during the winter.
- Information from the Maine Forest Service
- Brochure [PDF]
- List of Licensed Pesticide Applicators Willing to treat Browntail Moth, Hemlock Woolly Adelgid and/or Other Pests [PDF]
- List of Arborists willing to PRUNE browntail webs in the winter [PDF]
Useful Information on our Website
- Public Health and Pesticides. Includes DEP General Permits related to the use of pesticides for control of mosquito-borne diseases.
- Medical Marijuana and Pesticides.
- Pollinator Protection
- Environmental Risk Advisory Committee
- Important Warning Regarding Persistent Herbicides [PDF]; Herbicide Carryover Customer Acknowledgement Sample Form [PDF]
- Licensing and Certification (Applicators and Distributors)
- Pesticide Registration
- Water Quality Program
- School IPM
- Worker Protection Standard
- Best Management Practices
- Maine YardScaping Partnership
- Bt Corn
- Container Recycling
- Obsolete Pesticide Collection
- Municipalities with Pesticide Ordinances
- Aquatic Herbicides
- Critical Pesticide Control Areas
- Pesticide Notification: Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Chapter 26—Standards for Indoor Pesticide Applications and Notification for All Occupied Buildings Except K-12 Schools
LOGIN to BPC Online Portal
Licensing Brochure [PDF]
List of Licensed Companies Offering Mosquito and Tick Control (GotPests site)
links to useful sites
GotPests.org (ID and facts sheets for pests-Maine IPM Council)
TTY Users: call Maine Relay 711
The BPC offices are located on the 3rd floor of the Marquardt building at 32 Blossom Lane, Augusta