The sale and use of pesticide products in Maine must comply with both state and federal law. All pesticide products, including FIFRA 25(b) minimum risk pesticides, distributed or offered for sale in Maine must be registered annually with the Maine Board of Pesticides Control pursuant to the Maine Pesticides Control Act of 1975. Pesticide products not in compliance with this law are subject to immediate Stop Sale Use Removal Order.
New Product Registration
- Pesticide product registration and renewals are only accepted through the Maine BPC Online Portal.
- How do I create a login?
- How do I create a new company profile?
- Pesticide & Adjuvant Submission Requirements
- Renewals open November 1 of each calendar year.
FIFRA Section 18 Emergency Exemption
- U.S. EPA FIFRA Section 18 Emergency Exemption Information (PDF) or (DOC)
- Maine currently has no Section 18 registrations.
FIFRA Section 24(c) Special Local Needs Exemptions
- Board policy for 24(c) applications: Special Local Needs (PDF) or (RTF)
- 24(c) Registrations Currently in Effect (PDF)
- U.S. EPA 24(c) Guidance
FIFRA Section 25(b) Mininum Risk Pesticides
- Universal Statement of Formula (Fillable PDF)
- U.S. EPA Minimum Risk Pesticide Information
- U.S. EPA Inert Ingredients Eligible for FIFRA 25(b) Pesticide Products (PDF)
- U.S. EPA Pesticide Registration (PR) Notice 2000-6: Minimum Risk Pesticides Exempted Under FIFRA Section 25(b) Clarification of Issues (PDF)
- U.S. EPA Active Ingredients Eligible for FIFRA 25(b) Pesticide Products
- U.S. EPA Inert Ingredients Eligible for FIFRA 25(b) Pesticide Products