Mineral Collecting in Maine
- Our virtual tour is a series of photos which portray some of the minerals found in Maine, the State's mining history, and the hobby of mineral collecting.
A Collector's Guide to Maine Mineral Localities
- The Survey's popular Collector's Guide to Maine Minerals online edition is no longer available. Maps and descriptions of collecting sites are no longer available as PDF files for download because the landowner and access information is out of date and difficult to keep current.
- Online PDF versions of the Collector's Guide to Maine Minerals are still available and print versions are still in circulation. Site access information in these editions are out of date and site access should not be presumed to be allowed.
- Collectors interested in access to Maine mineral collecting sites should contact one of the Maine Mineral Clubs or the Maine Mineral and Gem Museum
- Mineral Collecting in Maine
- Mineral Displays
- Mineral Descriptions
- Mineralogy of Maine
- Bibliography of Maine Geology - For those interested in more in-depth research, the Bibliography of Maine Geology contains more than 12,000 references related to Maine geology. The Bibliography is part of the Maps and Publications Search. The search results displayed will have links to online Maine Geological Survey maps and publications.
- Meetings and Workshops
- Maine Mineral Collecting - General
- Coromoto Minerals - mining operations at Mt. Mica and Orchard Pit Mines
- Guided mineral collecting tours to multiple sites are available through the following:
- Mineral and Mineral Locality Database
- Mineralogical Magazines/Journals
- Online Journals
- U.S. Geological Survey
Last updated on October 25, 2021