- Our virtual tour (PDF 3.7MB) is a series of photos which show the variety of Maine's Paleozoic fossils.
Maine's Fossil Record - The Paleozoic
- Maine's Fossil Record: The Paleozoic - a new 500 page book which describes in detail the variety and type of Maine's bedrock fossils.
- Maine Fossils: Remains of life from another time and place - general introduction to Maine fossils
- Fossils Preserved in Maine Bedrock - introduction to Maine's bedrock fossils
- Fossils Preserved in Maine Sediments - introduction to Maine's Pleistocene fossils
- Bringing the past to life - describes how fossils are used to determine Maine's past environments
- Pertica quadrifaria: Maine's state fossil - a fact sheet describing this ancestor of Maine's pine trees.
- Where to view Maine fossils
Originally published on the web as the Survey's "Site of the Month," these sites include more detailed descriptions of geologic features, field trips, and localities.
- Bibliography of Maine Geology - For those interested in more in-depth research, the Bibliography of Maine Geology contains more than 12,000 references related to Maine geology. The Bibliography is part of the Maps and Publications Search. The search results displayed will have links to online Maine Geological Survey maps and publications.
- University of California Museum of Paleontology - The University of California Museum of Paleontology website contains extensive links to other paleontology sites on the web. A great place to start your exploration of paleontology.
- Paleontology at the U.S. Geological Survey
- Fossils, Rocks, and Time
Last updated on July 15, 2015