Maine Vertical File
- Library: Maine State Library
- Library Type: Other
- Town: Augusta
- County: Kennebec
- Description of Collection:
The Maine State Library houses a unique collection of vertical files on Maine-related subjects; these folders and clipping books include not only newspaper clippings, but also magazine articles, pamphlets, and ephemera. The materials must be used at the State Library, and may be photocopied. Be prepared to wear gloves when using the files.
The amount of material in any particular file varies. Some contain extensive material; others contain only one or two items. You may contact the reference department to discuss the contents of any particular file.
This list is a work in progress. Less than half the files owned by the library are listed here. Expect changes to the content and format of this site as more data is added and edited.
- Circulation/Access Policy:
- Library use only.
- Number of Collection Items:
- More than 250
- Manuscripts, Pamphlets, Photographs, Maps, Other
- Catalog Web Address (if available):
- Search Tips:
- Tips are found on the first page of the website.
- Library Contact Name: Peggy O'Kane
- Library Contact Email: email@example.com