Rare Books and Manuscripts Collection
- Library: Colby College Special Collections
- Library Type: Academic
- Town: Waterville
- County: Somerset
- Description of Collection:
A rich collection of first editions, incunabula and other rare books, literary mauscripts and correspondence, photographs, other printed matter, ephemera and artifacts. Collecting focuses are 19th and 20th century American writers, especially those from Maine and northern New England, and British writers. Significant holdings for Edwin Arlington Robinson, Sarah Orne Jewett, Thomas Hardy and Vernon Lee (Violet Paget).
- Circulation/Access Policy:
- Open to the public during regular hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 10am-noon and 1-4:30pm. Appointments encouraged.
- Number of Collection Items:
- More than 250
- Books, Manuscripts, Pamphlets, 3-D Objects, Art Works, Photographs, Other
- Catalog Web Address (if available):
- Search Tips:
- Library Contact Name: Patricia Burdick
- Library Contact Email: Patricia.Burdick@colby.edu