Buzzeo, Toni (1951 - )
Genre: Children's Literature, Non-Fiction
Toni Buzzeo was born (October 4, 1951) and raised in Dearborn, Michigan, moving to Maine in 1979. She lives in a colonial farmhouse in Buxton, Maine.
Buzzeo earned a B.A. and an M.A. in English Language and Literature from the University of Michigan and an MLIS in Library and Information Science from the University of Rhode Island.
She is a former Library Media Specialist, and was chosen Maine Library Media Specialist of the Year in 1999. Previously, she worked as a children's librarian at the Baxter Memorial Library in Gorham, Maine and as a high school and college English teacher.
- The Sea Chest (2002) ill. Mary GrandPre, winner of a Maine Library Association Lupine Honor Award, an Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Award, and the 2004-05 Children's Crown Gallery Award; named one of four recommended titles in the Time Of Wonder Award selection; chosen as one of the Best Children's Books of the Year, 2002, by The Children's Book Committee at Bank Street College.
- Dawdle Duckling (2003) ill. Margaret Spengler, a Children's Book-of-the-Month Club selection and a Dolly Parton Imagination Library selection.
- Little Loon and Papa (2004) ill. Margaret Spengler), a Brodart top juvenile title and a Dolly Parton Imagination Library selection.
- Ready or Not, Dawdle Duckling (2005) ill. Margaret Spengler
- Our Librarian Won't Tell Us ANYTHING (2006) illus. Sachiko Yoshikawa, first in the Mrs. Skorupski, librarian, series.
- The Library Doors (2008, illus. Nadine Westcott)
- No T. Rex in the Library (2010) illus. Sachiko Yoshikawa
- A Lighthouse Christmas (2010) illus. Nancy Carpenter, winner 2012 Time of Wonder Award
- Just Like My Papa (2013) illus. by Mike Wohnoutka
- But I Read it on the Internet! (2013) illus. by Sachiki Yoshikawa
- Stay Close to Mama (2012) illus. by Mike Wohnoutka
- One Cool Friend (2012) pictures by David Small winner, Maine Literary Awards award for Children's Books, 2013 Caldecott Honor Book
- Inside the Books: Readers and Libraries Around the World (2012) illus. by Jude Daly
- Terrific Connections with Authors, Illustrators, and Storytellers: Real Space and Virtual Links (1999)with Jane Kurtz
- 35 Best Books For Teaching U.S. Regions(2002)
- Toni Buzzeo and YOU (2005), to help teachers teach from Buzzeo's books
- Collaborating to Meet Standards: Teacher/Librarian Partnerships for K-6 (2007, 2nd ed.)
- ABC Read to Me: Teaching Letter of the Week in the Library (2009)