Brechlin, Earl (1954 - )
Earl Brechlin (born July 25, 1954), a registered Maine Guide, lives in Bar Harbor with his wife and is a former editor of the Bar Harbor Times and founding editor of the Mount Desert Islander. He is past president of both the Maine Press Association and the New England Press Association.
Brechlin is also an adjunct faculty member at the College of the Atlantic. He earned an A.S. in Forestry and an A.S. in Resource Business Management from the University of Maine.
- Bygone Coastal Maine: A Postcard Tour from Kittery to Camden (2004)
- Bygone Boston: A Postcard Tour of Beantown (2003)
- Bygone Bar Harbor: A Postcard Tour of Mount Desert Island and Acadia National Park (2002)
- An Adventure Guide to Maine (1999)
- A Pocket Guide to Hiking on Mount Desert Island (1996; maps by Ruth Ann Hill)
- A Pocket Guide to Paddling the Waters of Mount Desert Island (1996; maps by Ruth Ann Hill)
- Bar Harbor Fire Department, 100 years of History, 1881-1981 (1981)
- 12 Walks on Mount Desert Island
- A Pocket Guide to Hiking on Mount Desert Island (2012)