Berry, Holly (1957 - )
Genre: Children's Literature, Illustrator
Artist, printmaker, and children's book illustrator Holly Berry, is a native of Kennebunk who lives on a blueberry farm in Waldoboro with her family.
She received her B.F.A. in illustration from the Rhode Island School of Design in 1979 and did graduate work as an M.F.A. candidate at Boston University. She has taught at both schools and conducted workshops throughout the state of Maine.
Her original illustrations have been shown at the Society of Illustrators, The Art Institute of Chicago, the Center for Maine Contemporary Art, and in other juried, invitational and traveling exhibits. She is especially known for her linoleum block print reliefs. She has also done work for textbooks, toys, magazines and T-shirts.
Author and Illustrator
- Busy Lizzie (1994)
- Old MacDonald Had a Farm (1997)
- The Gift of Christmas by Philemon Sturges (1995)
- Market Day by Eve Bunting (1995) won a 1996 Golden Kite Award for illustration
- The Bowlegged Rooster and Other Tales That Signify by Joyce Carol Thomas (2000)
- The Impudent Rooster by Sabina I. Rascol (2004) won the Society of Illustrators' silver medal
- How Mama Brought the Spring (2008) by Fran Manushkin