Jahn-Clough, Lisa (1967 - )
Genre: Children's Literature
Lisa Jahn-Clough, a children's picture book author and illustrator, spent the first ten years of her life on a farm in Rhode Island (except for two years living Norway), but summered on Monhegan Island, Maine. Her family moved to coastal Maine when she was 10; she grew up in Brunswick, later lived in the Boston area, and lives in Portland, Maine.
Formerly the director of Children's Writing Certificate Program at Emerson College in Boston, where she taught for several years, Jahn-Clough is a member of the faculty in MFA Writing for Children and Young Adults at Hamline University. She also leads workshops for elementary school children on book-making and for adults on writing, illustrating and publishing children's books.
Her B.A. is from Hampshire College (1984), her M.F.A. in creative writing from Emerson College (1993).
- Alicia and Her Happy Way of Life (1991)
- Alicia's Evil Side (1992)
- Alicia Has a Bad Day (1994)
- My Happy Birthday Book (1996)
- ABC Yummy (1997)
- 123 Yipee (1998)
- My Friend and I (1999)
- Missing Molly (2000)
- Simon and Molly Plus Hester (2001)
- A Big Bed for Jed written by Laurie Friedman and illustrated by Jahn-Clough (2002)
- We're Painting written by Carol Snyder and illustrated by Jahn-Clough (2002)
- Alicia's Best Friends (2003)
- On the Hill (2004)
- Country girl, City Girl (2004)
- Little Dog (2006)