McMillan, Bruce (1947 - )
Genre: Children's Literature, Illustrator
Massachusetts-born author Bruce McMillan was raised in Bangor and Kennebunk, graduating from Kennebunk High School, and now lives in Shapleigh.
He has written, illustrated and photographed over 40 childrens books.
He received a biology degree from the University of Maine and his interest in biology is obvious in his books' topics and contents.
McMillan's Night of the Pufflings was named Hungry Mind Review's 1996 Book of Distinction.
McMillan frequently teaches a course called Writing, Illustrating and Publishing Childrens Picture Books at the University of New Hampshire.
- The Alphabet Symphony, (1977)
- Punography, (1978)
- The Remarkable Riderless Runaway Tricycle, (1978/1985)
- Finest Kind O'Day: Lobstering in Maine, (1977/1984)
- Apples, How They Grow, (1979)
- Making Sneakers, (1980)
- Punography Too, (1980)
- Puniddles, (1982/1999)
- Ghost Doll, (1983)
- Here a Chick, There a Chick, (1983)
- Kitten Can --, (1984)
- Becca Backward, Becca Frontward: A Book of Concept Pairs, (1986)
- Play Day: A Book of Terse Verse, (1991)
- The Weather Sky, (1991/1999)
- Beach Ball -- Left, Right, (1992)
- Penguins at Home: Gentoos of Antarctica, (1993)
- Sense Suspense: A Guessing Game for the Five Senses, (1994)
- Night of the Pufflings, (1995/1999)
- Salmon Summer, (1998)
- Gletta the Foal, (1998)
- Puffins Climb, Penguins Rhyme, (2001)
- Days of the Ducklings, (2001)
- Going Fishing, (2005)
- The Problem with Chickens, (2005)
- How the Ladies Stopped the Wind, (2007)