Rankin, Laura (1953 - )
Genre: Children's Literature, Illustrator
Laura Rankin, a children's book writer and illustrator living in Kennebunk, grew up in Western New York.
She received her B.A. in speech and drama from the University of New Hampshire in 1975, worked as a courtroom illustrator for a TV station in Buffalo, New York, then spent 15 years as an editorial artist for The Buffalo News (1977-1992).
She received an honorary doctorate from the University at Buffalo, State University of New York in 1996.
- The Handmade Alphabet (1991) (ALA Notable Children's Book and a Boston Globe-Horn Book Non-Fiction Honor Book)
- Merl and Jasper's Supper Caper (1997)
- The Handmade Counting Book (1998)
- Swan Harbor: A Nature Counting Book (2003)
- Ruthie and the (Not So) Teeny Tiny Lie (2007)
- Fabulous Fish from Lake Wiggawalla by Teddy Slater (1991)
- Why Buster Beasley Was Late for Lunch by Teddy Slater (1991)
- The Wriggly, Wriggly Baby by Jessica Clerk (2002)
- Rabbit Ears by Amber Stewart (2007)