Dunn, Sandra ( - )
Genre: Children's Literature, Illustrator
Sandy Dunn is an artist, arts educator, and children's book illustrator who lives in Chelsea, Maine with her husband, photographer Steven Dunn. She has a BFA and a B.S. in Art from the University of Southern Maine and has studied art at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts School, Whitelands College in London, Round Top Center for the Arts, and the Maine College of Art. She's worked as an art instructor in public schools for more than 15 years and also offers private lessons and workshops. Her paintings (watercolors and acrylics) have been exhibited in shows around Maine.
- The Laughing Lighthouse (1995), written by Katy Perry
- Gardens Are For Looking (1996), written by Katy Perry
- The Henhouse: A True Story of Growing Up on a Maine Farm (2003), written by Carol Dean
- The Live Bale of Hay: A Real Maine Adventure (2005), written by Carol Dean
- Children are No Match For Fire: A Fire Safety Story for the Whole Family (2006), written by Carol Dean
Author and Illustrator
- Orville Wonders Why (1997), a picture book about differences between an ostrich and an eagle.