Davis, Maggie (1943 - )
Genre: Children's Literature, General Fiction, Non-Fiction
Davis lives in East Blue Hill with her husband, together they have six children and four grand-children. For nearly 20 years and over 10 books she was published in NY and elsewhere. In 1993, she founded the publishing company, Heartsong Books. Davis is also a lay-healer and community caregiver. Previously, she worked as a teacher, an editor, a counselor, and a cafe owner.
- Grandma's Secret Letter (1982)
- The Best Way to Ripton (1982)
- Rickety Witch (1984)
- The Rinky-Dink Cafe (1988)
- Something Magic (1991; picture book inspired by visits to Isle au Haut)
- A Garden of Whales(1993; winner of the Vermont Publishers Award)
- Glory! to the Flowers: a celebration(1995).
- Roots of Peace, Seeds of Hope: A Journey for Peacemakers (1993) is a book for all ages.
- Choices of a Growing Woman (1981/93),
- Caring in Remembered Ways: The Fruit of Seeing Deeply (1999), a book celebrating compassion as a way of life "for all of us who want to nourish each other in ways we can feel."