Walling, Sandra (1948 - )
Genre: Children's Literature, Illustrator
Author and illustrator Sandy Walling was born in Red Bank, NJ, and moved to Maine in 1971. She lives in Yarmouth, Maine.
A 1999 graduate of University of Southern Maine, Walling worked in the printing industry for most of her life, including for Maine Medical Center, managing its printing/mail and copy facilities; and for newspapers, printers, an advertising agency, and as marketing production manager for Thos. Moser Cabinetmakers. She has also been a board member of the Maine Graphic Arts Association.
After retiring in 2002, she returned to school to study computer graphics.
Walling has published several children's books. The first was born of her frustrating experiences as a child with dyslexia; the book helps children learn that there is a correlation between numbers, words and objects. Her books are published by Abernathy Publishing House, which Walling founded in 2003.
Writer and Illustrator
- A Day at the Beach: A Seaside Counting Book From One to Ten (2003)
- ABC's at the Zoo! (2004)
- Herman, the Hermit Crab (May 2007)
- Herman the Hermit Crab (2007) by Elaine Fantle Shimberg
- and Helga the Hippopotamouse (2008) by Elaine Fantle Shimberg.
- Max, the Magical Moose (2009) by Elaine Fantle Shimberg
- Emily goes to Camp Lobster Claw (2009) by Elaine Fantle Shimberg