Anderson, Will (1940 - )
Anderson is a writer of informal histories, particularly of beer, baseball, and pop architecture.
A native of Yonkers, NY (born Oct. 12, 1940), and a 1962 graduate of Cornell University, Anderson lives in Bath, ME where he runs a publishing company, Anderson & Sons Publishing.
He was inducted into the Maine Baseball Hall of Fame in summer 2002.
- Andersons' Turn of the Century Brewery Directory (1968), compiled and published with Sonja Anderson
- Beers, Breweries, and Breweriana: an informal sketch of United States beer packaging and advertising (1969), with Sonja Anderson
- The Beer Book: an illustrated guide to American breweriana (1973)
- The Breweries of Brooklyn: an informal history of a great industry in a great city (1976)
- The Beer Poster Book (1977)
- Beer, USA (1986)
- From Beer to Eternity: everything you always wanted to know about beer (1987)
- Beer, New England: an affectionate look at our six states' past and present brews and breweries (1988)
- New England Roadside Delights: a fond look at a wonderfully refreshing aspect of our six states' architectural heritage (1989)
- Mid-Atlantic Roadside Delights: roadside architecture of yesterday and today in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania (1991)
- Was Baseball Really Invented in Maine?: a lively look at the history of professional baseball in Maine and at every Mainer who's ever played in the majors (1992)
- More Good Old Maine: 101 Past and Present Pop Delights (1993)
- The Great State of Maine Beer Book (1996)
- Where Have You Gone, Starlight Cafe?: American's Golden Era Roadside Restaurants (1998)
- You Auto See Maine: When Old Cars Were Young and For Sale in Maine (1999)
- Lost Diners and Roadside Restaurants of New England and New York (2001)
- Those Were the Days (2002), pays tribute to Maine's drive-in theaters and dance halls
- The Lost New England Nine: The Best of New England's Forgotten Ballplayers (2003)
- Here's to Hoops!: 100 Years of Maine High School Hoop Highlights (2005), a tribute to some of Maine's best high school basketball history, with a foreword by Cindy Blodgett.
- When Rock and Roll Rocked Maine: rock 'n roll comes to Maine, 1955-1960 (2007)