Potholm, Christian (1940 - )
Genre: Non-Fiction, Non-Fiction - Scholarly
Christian Potholm lives in Harpswell, ME. He received his A.B. from Bowdoin College and his M.A, M.A.L.D., Ph.D. from Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.
Mr. Potholm is Professor of Government with teaching specialties in Maine Politics, Warfare, African Politics and international conflict at Bowdoin College. He previously taught at Vassar, Dartmouth, and the College of the Virgin Islands, and has made frequent trips to Europe, Maine Dynamics CoverAfrica and the Caribbean.
Potholm also owns The Potholm Group, a research firm which specializes in public opinion sampling and polling.
- Swaziland: the Dynamics of Political Modernization (1972)
- Just Do It: Political Participation in the 1990s (1993)
- An Insider's Guide to Maine Politics, 1946-1996 (1998)
- The Delights of Democracy: the Triumph of American Politics (2002)
- This Splendid Game: Maine Campaigns and Elections, 1940-2002 (2003)
- Maine: the Dynamics of Political Change (2006)
- Winning at War: Seven Keys to Military Victory throughout History (2010)
- Maine: an Annotated Bibliography (2012)