Grierson, Ruth ( - )
Genre: Children's Literature, Non-Fiction
Naturalist and author Ruth Gortner Grierson is a native of New Canaan, CT and lives in Bass Harbor, ME. She has been a music teacher, plays violin in a local group, has written nature articles for newspapers since the 1980's and has written several books about the wildlife of Mount Desert Island.
- Nature Diary of Mt. Desert Island (1993)
- Acadia National Park: Wildlife Watcher's Guide (1995)
- The Wonderful Wildflowers of Mt. Desert Island (1997)
- Living on the Edge: A Guide to Plants of the Seaside and Salt Marsh and Animals and Algae of Tide Pools (2003)
- A is for Acadia: Mount Desert Island from A to Z (2007)