Elliot, Robert (1902 - 2002)
Robert O. E. Elliot was born in Hyde Park, MA but spent much of his younger years in Woolwich ME. He graduated from Hampton Academy (1920) and attended Boston University studying journalism. He worked on the Hampton Union newspaper, the Boston Herald-Traveler and The Portsmouth Herald. He also wrote a rod and gun column for the Portsmouth Herald. He worked for many years in several Maine state agencies promoting the state for recreation and tourism purposes. During his retirement, he wrote several books and over 100 articles and stories which appeared in Field and Stream, Outdoor Life, Sports Afield, True, Argosy, Fur Fish and Game and many others. He also served as contributing editor to Field and Stream for several years and contributed to several hunting and fishing encyclopedias.
- The Eastern Brook Trout: With Pointers on Where and How to Fish for Them (1950)
- All About Brook Trout From Maine to California: With Pointers on Where and How to Fish for Them (1954)
- Bass Fishing in New England (1973)
- The Making of an Angler (1975)
- Northeastern Bass Fishing (1977)