Woolson, Abba (1838 - 1921)
Genre: Non-Fiction, Poetry
Abba Louisa Goold Woolson was born in Windham, ME. She graduated from Portland High School for Girls, and married that same year. She traveled extensively and lectured on topics such as English Literature and Historic Cities of Spain. She was at one time professor of belles-lettres at the Mount Auburn Ladies' Institute in Cincinnati, OH, "lady-principal" of the high school in Haverhill, MA and an assistant in the high school in Concord NH. She published many articles and informal essays in publications such as the Boston Journal.
- Woman in American Society (1873)
- Dress-Reform: A Series Of Lectures: Delivered In Boston, On Dress As It Affects The Health Of Women (editor) (1874)
- Browsing Among Books, and Other Essays (1881)
- George Eliot and her Heroines: A Study (1886)
- With Garlands Green (1915)