Perry, Katy (1920 - 2014)
Genre: Children's Literature, Non-Fiction
Catherine (Katy) Perry was born and raised in Millinocket, ME. She received her teaching degree from Farmington Normal School/State Teachers College and taught for several years.
She has had a radio talk show during the 1960's on local station WRDO, Then served 20 years as PR person for the Maine Department of Human Services. From 1985-1987 she was a Peace Corps volunteer in Belize, she has been a columnist for the Capital Weekly and the Hallowell Record, produced a local television show called "Our Towns," on the local cable network, as well as written several books for adults and for children.
She was Hallowell's Citizen of the Year in 2008 and the Kennebec Valley Chamber of Commerce awarded her their Lifetime Achievement Award in 2009.
- Drinking From a Tin Cup (1989)
- Only One Icebox to Fill (c1990)
- Mad Tuesdays (c1992)
- My Grandmother Wears Crazy Hats (c1992)
- Pieces of Earth (c1994)
- Gardens Are for Looking (c1996)
- Living on the Edge (2003)
- Years Pass, but Memories Last (Only as Long as We Do) : Remembering Whitefield (2004)
- Reflections & Recollections: Celebrating Hallowell's 250th, 1762-2012 (2012) with Sam Webber