McCreight, Tim (1951 - )
Born in PA, Tim McCreight is an artist, metalsmith, author and publisher who lives in Harpswell, ME.
He received his BA in sculpture from the College of Wooster (1969-1973) and his MFA in jewelry and metalsmithing. McCreight has taught at the Maine College of Art (1988-2005) and at Worcester Center for Crafts. He has also served on several boards of directors, including that of the Haystack Mountain School of Crafts and of the Society of North American Goldsmiths (SNAG) where he also served as president. He is the founding director and communications officer for the Precious Metal Clay Guild.
In 1985, he founded Brynmorgen Press, a press devoted to filling the void of good, practical textbooks in the art and study of metalwork.
- Custom knifemaking : 10 projects from a master craftsman (1985)
- The complete metalsmith : an illustrated handbook (1991)
- Metals technic : a collection of techniques for metalsmiths (1992)
- Practical jewelry rendering (1993)
- Practical casting : a studio reference (1994)
- Design language (1996)
- Jewelry : fundamentals of metalsmithing (1997)
- Working with precious metal clay (2000)
- The syntax of objects (2005)
- Practical joining (2006)