Kline, Christina (1964 - )
Genre: General Fiction, Non-Fiction
Christina Baker Kline lives with her family in Montclair NJ and summers on Mount Desert Island, ME.
She has degrees from Yale, Cambridge and the University of Virginia where she was a Henry Hoyns Fellow in Fiction Writing. She has been a teacher of both fiction and non-fiction writing, poetry, English Literature, literary theory and women's studies at Yale, New York and Drew Universities and recently received a Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation Fellowship. She is the Writer-in-Residence at Fordham University. She has worked as a personal chef, caterer and cook both on the coast of Maine and in Virginia.
- Sweet water (1993)
- The conversation begins : mothers and daughters talk about living feminism (1996)
- Child of mine : writers talk about the first year of motherhood (editor) (1997)
- Desire lines : a novel (1999)
- The way life should be (2007)
- About face : women write about what they see when they look in the mirror (editor, with Anne Burt)(2008)
- Bird in Hand (2009)
- Orphan Train: A Novel (2013)