John Ford, 1894 – 1973
10 foot bronze statue of John Ford in dowtown Portland, Maine. Artist: George Kelly. Winter shot
- Known For: Filmmaker, Academy Award winner
- Maine Connection: Born in Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- Searching for John Ford: a Life by Joseph McBride, c2001.
- John Ford: Interviews Gerald Peary, ed., c2001.
- Print the Legend: the Life and Times of John Ford by Scott Eyman, c. 1999.
- The Informer, 1935.
- Stagecoach, 1939.
- The Grapes of Wrath, 1940.
- How Green was my Valley, 1941.
- The Quiet Man, 1952.