Voter Registration Data, Election Data and Online Forms
The Secretary of State maintains a variety of electronic systems and data in order to provide election-related citizen services, enhance the accuracy and integrity of voter registration information, and promote efficiency in the management of elections. This page is intended to help make public data available in its raw format.
Statewide Absentee Voter List
The Statewide Absentee Voter Data File lists all absentee ballot requests in the State, reflects when these requests are fulfilled by the appropriate municipality, and indicates if and when ballots are returned.
Please note this report reflects data entered by municipal clerks, and thus may fail to include information received at the municipal level on the day the report is run. This report now includes all UOCAVA ballots requested and issued through the date listed below.
- Statewide Absentee Voter Data File Layout
- Statewide Absentee Voter Data File - June 11, 2019 - Special Election for State Representative District 45 (as of June 11, 2019)
- Statewide Absentee Voter Data Files for previous years
- Statewide UOCAVA Voter Statistics
Voting Places & Poll opening times for the November 6, 2018 General and Referendum Election
Central Voter Registration System (CVR)
- Request Form for Obtaining Data from CVR
- CVR Data Request Information & Instructions
- Quick Reference Table
- Instructions for Importing CVR Data to Excel - versions prior to Microsoft 2010
- Instructions for Importing CVR Data to Excel - Microsoft 2010
- Instructions for Merging Voter File and VPH File - Microsoft 2010
Voter Registration Cards
- Voter Registration Card Request Form
- Voter Registration Card Distribution Policy
- Revised Voter Registration Card - Microsoft 2010 Format
- Instructions for completing the Voter Registration Card
- Maine Voting Residence Fact Sheet
The Statewide Registered and Enrolled Data File is a statistical report recording how many citizens are registered to vote, detailed to the county, municipality, voting districts and party level. For each election we post 2 files: a count of only active voters and separately a count of only inactive voters.
The layout now includes columns for the Alliance Party and Socialist Party, which are currently qualifying parties. Any files or reports for “as of” dates prior to the time the parties attained qualifying status will contain no data in the Alliance and Socialist party columns.
- Statewide Registered and Enrolled Data File Layout
- Statewide Registered and Enrolled Data File (Active Status) or PDF Version (as of May 1, 2019)
- Statewide Registered and Enrolled Data File (Inactive Status) or PDF Version (as of May 1, 2019)
- Statewide Registered and Enrolled Data Files for previous years