Beginning Wednesday, March 18, the Bureau of Corporations, Elections and Commissions will close its customer service window and will accept documents from FedEx, UPS and U.S. mail, and via an onsite drop box only. Staff will provide information by phone 624-7736 or email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. These measures will be in place until further notice.
November 18, 2019 - Secretary Dunlap Issues Alert to Corporations and Non-Profits Regarding Misleading Solicitations
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, processing times for corporate filings are delayed.
Business Entities, Nonprofit Corporations and Marks
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING STATE GOVERNMENT CLOSURE
In observance of Independence Day, all Secretary of State offices will be closed Friday, July 3, 2020.
The purpose of the Division of Corporations, UCC and Commissions is to:
1. Serve as a repository for all records relating to the following business and nonprofit entities:
Limited Liability Companies
Limited Liability Partnerships
- Serve as a repository for all liens filed on personal property under the Uniform Commercial Code
- Administer the appointment, renewal and continuing education of Notaries Public
- Administer the application process for nominees for the office of Dedimus Justice
- Record and maintain appointments and information for boards and commissions listed in Title 5, chapter 379
- Process requests for authentications, apostilles and other certifications on the acts of public officials.
Corporate Name Search
Corporate Info & Filings
Certificates of Existence
- Annual Reports Online
- Preprinted Annual Report Form
- Service of Trustee Process
- Commercial Clerk & Commercial Registered Agent (CRA) Search
- Commercial Clerk & Commercial Registered Agent Online Listing & Management Service
- Corporate Fraud Monitoring
- Notary & Dedimus Justice Search
- Total Notary Solution - Online Renewal & Profile Update Service