Petroleum, Waste Oil and Solid Waste Carriers

Petroleum, waste oil and solid waste carriers must contact the Department of Environmental Protection at (207) 287-7688 for information about the required licenses. Federal Hazardous Materials Regulations may also apply to motor vehicles of any size which transport certain hazardous materials, waste, or substances, including bulk cryogenic liquids. Contact the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's Office for further information. The Maine State Police may be contacted at (207) 624-8939 for information about placarding and hazardous materials regulations.

Questions or comments can be sent to Motor Carrier Services at