State Agency Schedules (January 2019)
Below are printable (PDF) listings of State Agency and other schedules. They will be updated periodically. If you require the Schedules in a different format, need a more recent version or require a printout for a specific unit within the Department, please contact Records Management and they will be emailed to you.
These retention schedules apply to records regardless of their physical format. Therefore, records created or maintained in electronic format would also fall under these guidelines and must adhere to the minimum retention requirements of these schedules. (For example: any schedules written for "correspondence" could pertain to either paper, email or other electronic documents.)
- (18) Administrative & Financial Services
- (1) Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry
- (26) Attorney General
- (14) Behavioral and Developmental Services
- (3) Corrections
- (15) Defense, Veterans, and Emergency Management
- (19) Economic & Community Development
- (5) Education
- (6) Environmental Protection
- (7) Executive
- (10) Human Services
- (9) Inland Fisheries & Wildlife
- (12) Labor
- (30) Legislature
- (13) Marine Resources
- (27) Office of the State Auditor
- (2) Professional & Financial Regulation
- (16) Public Safety
- (65) Public Utilities Commission
- (29) Secretary of State
- (17) Transportation
- (28) Treasury
- Animal Welfare Board
- Maine Health Care Finance Commission
- Maine Health Data Organization
- State Board of Education
- Workers Compensation Board
- Adv. Comm. on Fair Competition Private Enterprise
- Advisory Comm. on Radioactive Waste
- Archives Advisory Board
- Cancer Prevention & Control Advisory Committee
- Developmental Disabilities Council
- Health Policy Advisory Council
- Lobster Advisory Council
- Maine Commission on Mental Health
- Maine Committee on Aging
- Women, Commission for
- Workers Compensation Ins. Comm. to Study
- Atlantic Salmon Commission
- Baxter State Park Authority
- Finance Authority of Maine
- Gov. Ethics & Election Practices Comm.
- Historic Preservation
- Human Rights Commission
- Maine Arts Commission
- Maine Municipal Bond Bank
- Maine Sardine Council
- Maine Science & Technology Foundation
- Maine State Library
- Maine State Museum
- Maine State Retirement System
- Maine Waste Management Agency
- Me. Health & Higher Educ. Facilities
- State Board of Property Tax Review
- State Civil Service Appeals Board
- Baxter Compensation Authority
- Maine State Housing Authority
Has your agency done a schedule review?
Look at your agency schedules and see when updates last occurred. Records Management recommends review and update of schedules every 2 years.
Upon review of the schedules, if any State Agency feels amendments are in order, please follow the below procedures or contact Records Management.
To make schedule corrections, download the Application for Records Retention Schedule. Mark the application "amendment" and give justification for change. If the description is also being amended, the Inventory form will need to be submitted.
If a schedule is now obsolete, please use the Application for Records Retention Schedule, mark obsolete and give explanation.
Changes to schedules can include retention, media or description changes, brought about by statutory changes, agency policy, scanning, new programs etc.
If agencies/units have merged or no longer exist (or if new units/departments have been created), please contact Records Management so schedules can be revised/updated.