The Maine Bureau of Insurance provides on this page all of the information necessary to register a Managing General Agent. Contact Us if you have questions or are unable to find what you are looking for.
- Managing General Agent (MGA) Registration Information (PDF)
- Managing General Agent (MGA) Registration Application (PDF) or MGA Registration Application (DOCX)
- State of Maine Managing General Agents Application Checklist (PDF) or MGA Application Checklist (DOCX)
- Maine Bureau of Insurance Managing General Agent Bond (PDF) or MGA Bond (DOCX)
- Managing General Agent (MGA) Contract Compliance Verification Form (PDF) or MGA Contract Compliance Verification Form (DOCX)
Corporate Authorization to do Business in Maine
NOTE: Foreign Corporations, Foreign Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, or Limited Liability Partnerships (Title 31 § 852) may also be required to apply to the Maine Secretary of State for authority to do business in Maine. See Secretary of State website for additional information. http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/corp.
- Company Renewal Dates and Fees (PDF)
- Fee Schedule - (Scroll to Item 22)
- Authorization of Credit Card Payment (PDF) or Authorization of Credit Card Payment (DOCX)
Update Registration Information
Requesting Confidential Treatment of Documents
- Title 24-A M.R.S.A. Chapter 16 Subchapter 8 §§1491-1498 (Managing General Agents)
The documents on this page are also available in hard copy by contacting the Bureau.