Home → For Libraries → Funding → LSTA → Needs Assessment
Needs Assessment 2008-2011: Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA)
[Documents below are provided in PDF or Microsoft Word formats. To view PDF documents, you will need the free Adobe Reader. To view Excel documents, you will need Microsoft Excel or the Excel Viewer.
The Maine State Library has conducted several statewide surveys between 2008-2011 designed to measure and define recognized needs:
- Leadership Training Interest Survey 2011, [Excel,20 KB]; Questions for the leadership training survey, [PDF, 219 KB]. The purpose of this survey was to gauge the interest in some type of leadership training to be offered by the Maine State Library. Future library leaders at all levels of the profession and in all types of institutions are needed with the graying of the Maine library profession.
- Social Media Survey 2011, [Excel, 48KB]; Questions for Social Media Survey, [PDF, 258 KB]. This survey collected information on libraries using social media.
- Maine State Library Services Survey 2010, [Excel,91 KB]: Questions for MSL services survey, [PDF, 213 KB]. This survey gathered information about how libraries are currently using Maine State Library services to help with the Main Library's Commission work on the strategic plan.
- Talking Books Plus Survey 2010, [Excel, 77 KB]; Questions for Talking Books Plus survey, [PDF, 210]. This survey evaluated Talking Books Plus services, received from Maine State Library Outreach Talking Books Plus program.
(Talking Books, Large Print, and Descriptive Video).
- Books By Mail Survey 2009, [Excel, 47 KB]; Questions for Books By Mail survey, [PDF 134 KB]. This survey gathered feedback on how MSL Outreach staff serve Books By Mail patrons and ways for improvement.
- MSL Patron Survey 2009, [Excel, 36 KB]; Questions for MSL Patron Survey, [PDF, 193 KB]. The goal of this survey is to identify why individuals choose to use the Maine State Library.
- Library Budget Survey 2009, [Excel, 31 KB]; Questions for Library Budget Survey, [PDF, 188 KB]. This survey gathers information about budget reductions from ALL Maine libraries.
- SCOOP Purchasing Survey 2008; [Excel, 21 KB]; Questions for SCOOP survey, [PDF, 227 KB]. This survey gathers information on the use of the purchasing cooperative known as SCOOP which helps member libraries purchase specified materials at the best possible price and in a timely manner.