Grants, Projects and Partnerships
Maine State Library receives funding through the Institute for Museum and Library Services and other public and private organizations for library services and special projects.
- ARPA - The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, also called the COVID-19 Stimulus Package or American Rescue Plan, is a $1.9 trillion economic stimulus bill passed by the 117th United States Congress and signed into law by President Joe Biden on March 11, 2021, to speed up the United States' recovery from the economic and health effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and the ongoing recession. Maine has received $2.24
- CARES-LSTA - Maine State Library funded projects and initiatives that use CARES Act funds granted to State Library Agencies through the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) - Federal grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) administered by the Maine State Library to support statewide programs and partnerships to benefit Maine libraries, patrons and Maine citizens.
- Efficiency Maine - Electricity Monitor Loaner Program
- Maine Association of Nonprofits (MANP) - Subsidized membership for Maine public libraries who are non-profit organizations.
- Census 2020 - Resources for Maine libraries
- Maine Digital Inclusion Initiative - The Maine State Library has partnered with the National Digital Equity Center (NDEC) to facilitate digital literacy training in Maine public libraies in Aroostook, Franklin, Hancock, Oxford, Penobscot, Piscataquis, Somerset and Washington counties.
- Gizmo Garden - The Maine State Library has partnered with Gizmo Garden to bring computer science, electronics, and robotics programs to public libraries throughout Maine.
- IMLS Leadership Grant "Empowering Public Libraries to Become Science Resource Centers for Their Communities" - Federal grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) The Maine State Library in partnership with Cornerstones of Science will engage with science and technology businesses and organizations to develop opportunities for funding, expertise, and programming.