What You Need to Know About Health Insurance
Families and Individuals
Apply online at Healthcare.Gov
- Healthcare.Gov Help Line
Learn more about options in Maine
- Maine Consumer for Affordable Health Care Help Line
Maine Navigators for Health Insurance Marketplace
Two organizations, Western Maine Community Action and Fishing Partnership Support Services, were selected to provide "Navigators" for Maine citizens and will partner with other local agencies. Navigators will serve as an in-person resource for Americans who want additional assistance in shopping for and enrolling in plans in the Health Insurance Marketplace this fall. These organizations will be providing people assistance in enrolling. Find a Navigator for your area. Download the list of Navigators.[pdf, 80 kb, This file requires the free Adobe Reader.]
- Marketplace Enrollment Process, Length: 4.26 minutes
- Marketplace Application Process for an Individual - length: 6.11 minutes
Important Questions and Answers on HealthCare.Gov
- What is the Health Insurance Marketplace?
- What is the Marketplace in Maine?
- How can I get ready to enroll in the Marketplace?
- How can I get lower costs on Marketplace coverage?
- What if I have job-based insurance?
- Do I qualify for Medicaid? (Maine)
- What do small businesses need to know?
- Things to Think About When Choosing a Plan, [pdf, 699kb]
- Get Ready to Enroll in the Marketplace, [pdf 662kb]
- Marketplace Application Checklist, [pdf, 662kb]
- How the Marketplace Works - 4 steps to enrolling [pdf, 221kb]
Forms - Marketplace Consumer Application
- Individual Short form [pdf - 668 Kkb
- Family [pdf - 820 kb]
- Individual without Financial Assistance [pdf - 419 kb]
Publications - Bi-fold brochures
Files below require the free Adobe Reader.