What You Need to Know About Health Insurance
State-based Health Insurance Marketplace (SBM), CoverMe.gov
CoverME.gov will be a one-stop shop for information as well as enrollment.
Open enrollment begins Nov 1, 2021 and the deadline is December 15 for coverage to begin on January 15, 2022.
Starting November 1st, CoverME.gov will open as Maine’s new State-based Health Insurance Marketplace.
• Health Insurance Marketplaces help people without access to affordable coverage learn more about health insurance options; compare plans; determine whether they qualify for financial help; and
enroll in quality, affordable health coverage.
• CoverME.gov was made for Maine – created by the State of Maine to address the unique needs of its people, its communities, and its insurance market. Maine can now customize the Marketplace to fit Mainers’ needs and to tailor outreach and resources toward uninsured communities.
• Free enrollment help is available to help consumers find the plan that meets their needs and budget. People can visit CoverME.gov/localhelp or call (866) 636-0355/TTY 711.
• All private health plans offered on CoverME.gov provide quality, comprehensive coverage that will protect consumers if they have an accident or major illness. Marketplace plans on CoverME.gov cannot turn you away or charge you more for having a pre-existing condition.
• This year, increased financial help is available to make coverage more affordable – for more people – than ever before.
• Along with the state’s expansion of MaineCare in 2019, CoverME.gov is at the heart of Maine’s effort to ensure that people can see their doctor, afford their medications, and stay healthy.
Libraries can use the CoverME.gov Outreach and Enrollment toolkit that contains flyers, graphics and sample text for newsletters to inform patrons about this new healthcare website.