Maine CDC regulates several types of businesses and professions to keep people safe and healthy.
A permit is required for any outdoor gathering held with the intent attracting a continued attendance of 2,000 or more people for 12 or more hours.
Various types of businesses are regulated in Maine, including:
- Bed and breakfasts
- Childcare facilities
- Children'sresidential facilities
- Employeeassistance programs
- Health carefacilities and other covered providers
- Hospitals,long-term acute and chronic care facilities, outpatient clinics, urgentcare facilities, physicians' offices, pediatric offices, and hospitals
- Mentalhealth programs
- Publicswimming pools and spas
- Radontesting and repair
- Substanceabuse programs
Customer Support staff take complaints regarding medical facilities, assisted living programs, residential care facilities, adult day care, child care, mental health agencies, and substance abuse agencies.
The Maine Background Check Center (MBCC) is a secure, web-based system operated by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) in partnership with the Maine Department of Public Safety (DPS) and regulated employers that provide care and services to vulnerable Maine citizens.
The CNA Registry lists CNAs who, through training, competency testing and clinical work experience, meet the federal and state requirements to work as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the state of Maine.