Adolescent and School Health
Our Mission: To ensure that all Maine youth are healthy, safe, and ready to learn.
Our Program: The Adolescent and School Health Program works with State and community partners to ensure that youth have access to prevention programs, accessible health services, and supportive school environments. We want all youth to have the information and skills they need to become healthy, happy adolescents.
- To support a coordinated approach to school health;
- To encourage Maine schools to promote healthy eating, physical activity, tobacco-use prevention, and a positive school climate;
- To increase teens' access to physical and mental health care;
- To promote positive youth development and youth involvement ;
- To promote evidence-based programs and integrated services for youth.
- Partner with the Maine Department of Education to support professional development and environmental changes to make schools healthier for students and staff;
- Provide support and oversight to Maine's 16 School Based Health Centers;
- Work with the Maine Youth Action Network to promote an active voice for youth in their communities;
- Collaborate with programs across the Division of Disease Prevention, Maine CDC, and DHHS to support initiatives that target youth or schools.
Adolescent and School Health Program
11 State House Station
286 Water Street 5th Floor
Augusta, ME 04333
Program Manager: Sheila Nelson
(207) 287-3856 email@example.com
Adolescent and School Health LINKS
- Maine Assembly on School-Based Health Care
- Family Planning Association of Maine
- Maine Youth Action Network
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS 2007)
- Maine Integrated Youth Health Survey (MIYHS 2009)