Finding Maps and Publications
- Geologic Maps and Publications
- The Maps and Publications Search allows you to search for maps and publications by geographic area or subject. The subject search is linked to the Bibliography of Maine Geology. Although online ordering is not available at this time for most of our products, the Publications Order Form (PDF 0.5MB) may be printed and mailed or faxed to the Maine Geological Survey.
- Over 1300 geologic maps are available for viewing online. You may go directly to these maps from the Maps, Publications and Online Data page.
- Topographic Maps
- Use the Maps and Publications Search to find the quadrangle:
Visit our office
- Publications may be viewed in our office before purchase during office hours, 8 AM - 5 PM, Monday through Friday (excluding all State holidays). For directions to the office, see our location map.
Remember to note the title and publication number:
- To speed your order, be sure to note the publication title and number.
- When using the publication search engine, the publication number is shown next to the publication citation.
- When viewing online PDF's, the publication number is the "Open-file" number shown in the title block.
Last updated on July 15, 2015