Jean Byers Sampson Center for Diversity in Maine
- Library: University of Southern Maine Special Collections
- Library Type: Academic
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- Description of Collection:
Collecting and preserving material documenting the ongoing histories of diverse communities in Maine, the Sampson Center is named for a woman who spent much of her life working for civil rights and social justice. Current collections represent the African American, Jewish, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender communities. The Sampson Center General Collection contains Jean Byers Sampson's papers, materials produced by the Center, and the records of the Center for Preventing Hate.
- Circulation/Access Policy:
- Materials do not circulate. The Reading Room is open Monday, Wednesday & Thursday from 1 to 5 p.m., and also by appointment.
- Number of Collection Items:
- More than 250
- Books, Manuscripts, DVDs, Photographs, Other
- Catalog Web Address (if available):
- Search Tips:
- Library Contact Name: Kristin D. Morris
- Library Contact Email: email@example.com