Sharmat, Marjorie (1928 - )
Genre: Children's Literature, Young Adult
Marjorie Sharmat, a popular children's writer, was born on November 12, 1928 in Portland, Maine and knew from childhood that she wanted to be a writer.
Her first book for children, Rex, was published in 1967. Although most of Sharmat's books are either picture books or Easy Readers, she also writes for middle graders, young adults and has published movie and television show novelizations. She uses the pen name Wendy Andrews for some of her books.
Selected Bibliography - Series
- Olivia Sharp, Agent for Secrets
- The Kids on the Bus
- Nate the Great
- Maggie Marmelstein
- Genghis Khan, republished in paperback as the Duz Shedd Stories
- Marjorie Weinman Sharmat (Children's Author series; 2004) by Jill C. Wheeler
- Sharmat's papers in the de Grummond Collection at the University of Southern Mississippi
- Material from Maine State Library files