Mead, Alice (1952 - )
Genre: Children's Literature, Non-Fiction, Young Adult
Alice Mead, a writer of realistic books for children and young adults, was born in New York and has lived in Maine for over 20 years, now in Portland with her husband and two sons.
She received her B.A. in English from Bryn Mawr College, an M.A. in elementary education from Univ. of Southern California, and a B.A. in art education from Univ. of Southern Maine.
She has taught art and flute in Maine schools and founded a preschool. She's also founded her own press, Loose Cannon Press, in Cumberland, which has published a couple of her books.
- Crossing the Starlight Bridge, (1994)
- Walking the Edge, (1995)
- Journey to Kosova, (1995)
- Junebug, (1995)
- Giants of the Dawnland, (1996)
- Adem's Cross, (1996)
- Junebug and the Reverend, (1998)
- Soldier Mom, (1999)
- Billy & Emma, (2000)
- Girl of Kosovo, (2001)
- Junebug in Trouble, (2002)
- Year of No Rain, (2003)
- Madame Squidley and Beanie, (2004)
- Swimming to America, (2005)
- Isabella's Above-Ground Pool, (2006)
- Dawn and Dusk, (2007)
- Nowish: A Life Out of Time, (2009)