Perkins, Virginia (1902 - 1987)
Genre: Children's Literature, General Fiction, Non-Fiction
Born and raised in Blue Hill, the younger sister of Mary Ellen Chase, Virginia Chase Perkins graduated from the University of Minnesota and got her MA from Wayne State University. She and her husband lived for a while in Connecticut, where she taught at Hartford College.
In 1940, Perkins won the Avery Hopwood Award for fiction.
- The American House (1944)
- Discovery (1948)
- The End of the Week (1953)
- One Crow, Two Crows (1971)
- The Writing of Modern Prose (1936)
- The Knight of the Golden Fleece (1959)
- Speaking of Maine: Selections from the Writings of Virginia Chase (1983)