Testa, Maria (1964 - )
Genre: Children's Literature, Poetry, Young Adult
Maria Testa is a Rhode Island native (born 4 April 1964), who lives in Portland, Maine. She also lived in Dublin, Ireland, for a bit.
She studied sociology at Brown University and specialized in family law at Yale University Law School, graduating in 1989.
Her target audience usually is pre-teen boys; her books usually have male protagonists and explore gritty issues like homelessness and parents in prison. In 2002, she started a trilogy of books that explore her father's life.
- 'Thumbs Up, Rico!' (1994)
- Dancing Pink Flamingos and Other Stories (1995)
- Nine Candles (1996)
- Someplace to Go (1996)
- Some Kind of Pride (2001)
- Becoming Joe DiMaggio (2002) Lupine Award
- Almost Forever (2003)
- Something About America (2005)