Wait, Lea (1946 - )
Genre: Children's Literature, Mystery, Young Adult
Lea Wait, who lives in Edgecomb, is the author of children's historical novels (for kids ages 8-12), and a mystery series for adults starring antique print dealer Maggie Summer. She is also an antique prints dealer herself.
Wait grew up in suburban New Jersey (summering in Maine), was a drama and English major at Chatham College in Pittsburgh, PA, attended grad school at New York University, studying American civilization, and worked in corporate public relations.
In her 20s and single, she adopted four girls from Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong and India (all now grown), and she founded a support group for single adoptive parents; she is still on the board of the National Council for Single Adoptive Parents.
Children and Young Adults
- Stopping to Home (2001)
- Seaward Born (2003)
- Wintering Well (2004)
- Finest Kind (2005)
Adult Mystery Series books
- Shadows at the Fair: An Antique Print Mystery (June 2002)
- Shadows on the Coast of Maine: An Antique Print Mystery (2003)
- Shadows on the Ivy (2004)
- Shadows at the Spring Show: An Antique Print Mystery (2005)
- Shadows of a Down East Summer: An Antique Print Mystery (2011)
- Shadows on a Cape Cod Wedding: An Antique Print Mystery (2013)
- Shadows on a Maine Christmas: An Antique Print Mystery (2014)
- The Only Writing Series You'll Ever Need: Writing Children's Books (2007)