Sills, Kenneth (1879 - 1954)
Genre: Non-Fiction, Non-Fiction - Scholarly, Poetry
Kenneth Charles Morton Sills was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Bowdoin College, and pursued graduate degrees at Columbia University ahd Harvard. He worked at Columbia for a short tiem, then returned to Bowdoin in 1906 to teach. He became president of the college in 1918 and continued as such until 1952. He was a published poet, but is probably best know for writing Bowdoin's Alma Mater, "Rise, Sons of Bowdoin."
- Historical Sketch of S. Luke's Parish, Portland, Maine (1886)
- The First American: And Other Poems (1911)
- A Memorial Address for those Bowdoin Men who Gave Their Lives in the War (1919)
- Maine Historical Memorials (1922)
- Joseph McKeen (1757-1807) and the Beginnings of Bowdoin College (1945)